KENZO X H&M LAUNCH DAY JOURNAL
This morning everyone was either in front of their computer, or with the phone at the ready or patiently waiting in front of a H&M store for the Kenzo X H&M launch.
SO WERE WE!
I refresh the page and the server already is telling me to try again, that they are sorry but KENZO X H&M is launching.
I click again and again second after second tying to get in
Starting to panic I call the team. "Tell me you are on the phone with the store or that you got in" ... Nobody could manage to get in...
On my way to work, late, in the less crowded underground I refresh at every stop, check with the team... Nobody in yet
Green tea latte in hand and minutes away from the office, I get the text. Our international effort was paying off! Other countries servers were less crowded so we attempt a transaction... The server fails after 30 min of trying to checkout
UK server gets less crowded and we get in, items in bag! Checkout failing to load page...
Tweeting H&M about the problems, refreshing, being patient, keeping an eye on the office manager to not get caught! Hahahaha
Order confirmed! Heart racing, screaming on the inside, trying not to jump off my chair and not do the happy dance
This was the first time attempting something like this, so I have to admit, we were under prepared.
BUT HERE ARE A FEW THINGS WE LEARNED:
- if you don't have an account, make one in advance, save your address and card to make the transaction faster and less likely to crash from crowded servers
- log in before the craziness starts
- make a list in advance with the items you want with size and color (fortunately we had this, but we forgot to add the sizes to the list)
- be patient, don't leave the page. Refresh, and refresh every time it asks you to
- your are more likely to grab it in other countries that have less potential buyers, but the servers are more likely to crash as they are not prepared for a high number of buyers
WHY DO WE LOVE THIS COLLABORATION?
Kenzo Takada is a Japanese fashion designer. (The name Kenzo Paris Is throwing you off isn't it?) I know a few people that were surprised by the previous statement. What? It's not French? It is established in Paris, yes, but the designer is Japanese! The brand look ideology is
"WEST MEETS EAST"
...and that's why we love it so much! It is just like Zutter, a love affair between the two parts of the world, west and east.
Maybe we should make this the Zutter official uniform...
CHECK OUT BELOW OUR PICKS FROM THE COLLECTION !
DID YOU MANAGE TO GET YOUR PICKS? DON'T FORGET TO LIKE AND FOLLOW ZUTTER ON SOCIAL MEDIA, AS WE WILL BE SHOOTING A KENZO X H&M X ZUTTER LOOK BOOK SOON!